Summer Groups, Camps and Seminars 2019 Part 1
Pt. 1, more to come!
2019 Summer Groups:
The following groups will run for 8 weeks:
- Impulse Control and Emotional Regulation Group (co-ed ages 7-10) 1:00 -2:00 pm – Start date: Sunday, June 2nd
- Social Skills – Boys Group (ages 7-9) 3:30 – 4:30 pm – Start date: Sunday, June 2nd
- Social Skills – Girls Group (ages 7-9) 5:30 – 6:30 pm – Start date: Sunday, June 2nd
- Co-ed Play Therapy Group (ages 5-6) 5:00- 6:00pm – Start date: Monday, June 3rd
- Social Skills/Making Friends Group for Girls (ages 10-12) 5:00-6:00pm – Start date: Wednesday, June 5th
- Groups will be facilitated by Kada Stull, M.A.
The following group will run for 6 weeks on Wednesdays:
- Life Skills Group – This group will meet for 6 weeks on the following dates: June 5th, 12th, 26th, July 10th, 17th, and 24th.
- Ages 16+
- Group will meet from 11:00-1:00pm allowing for hands-on learning experiences
- Week 1 – Job Applications and Interviewing Skills
- Week 2 – Basic Laundry and Cleaning Skills/Self Care
- Week 3 -Creating a Budget and Shopping
- Week 4 – Interpersonal Relationships (friends, parents, teachers, co-workers, employers)
- Week 5 – Internet Do’s and Don’ts/ Social Media
- Week 6 – Time Management/Schedules/ Prioritization
- Facilitated by Brittany Bayliss, LCSW
- Direct Pay Provider for Gardiner Scholarship
Week of June 17th-June 21st
- An Adventure A Day! – Community Field Trips and Social Meet-Ups! Every day is an adventure as we meet up with friends, new and old, doing something exciting and fun all week long. Camp will run from 11:00-4:00pm, M-F. This camp is for any teen that wants to meet new friends, try new things, practice social skills and get out of their comfort zone. This camp is always a blast! Ages 13-16. *Direct pay provider for Gardiner Scholarship.
Week of July 8th-July 11th
- Resiliency and Self-Confidence Camp – This camp is just for girls, ages 9-12, and will meet Mon-Thurs. Navigate those awkward years and start with building a strong sense of self. This camp will empower, teach and build your daughters self esteem, confidence and love for herself all while having fun and making some new friends! Camp will run from 9:00am-1:00pm.
Week of July 15th-July 18th
- Do Good/Feel Good Camp – This is a co-ed camp for kids ages 7-9. Camp will run Mon-Thurs from 9:00am-1:00pm. Studies continue to show that building and teaching empathy in children increases the likelihood a child will succeed socially and be more courageous and resilient. Empathy is a trait that can be taught; during this camp we will do just that while making kind friendships – doing good and feeling good.
Week of July 29th-Aug 2nd
- Mindful Girls Camp – This camp is for girls ages 9-12 and will run from 8:00am-12:00pm. The perfect opportunity for your daughter to learn, practice and incorporate mindful living into daily routines and school life. Girls will engage in mindful activities that will stimulate and challenge your child to incorporate mindfulness into many different areas of their life. Great coping tools and strategies for emotional regulation. Art therapy will also be incorporated into this camp. *Direct pay provider for Gardiner Scholarship.
Summer Parent Seminars with ABA Solutions:
- Surviving Summer: Behavioral Tips for Positive Parenting
- Dates and Times: June 7th and July 12th from 5:30-7:30pm
- Goals: Facilitated by behavior analysts, this 2-hour evening event will provide parents with information on applying behavioral principles in the home setting. Parents will learn the basics of behavioral principles and simple strategies to use in the home to prevent misbehavior, teach skills, encourage appropriate behavior and respond to misbehavior. Behavior principles and strategies will be presented, and parents will then have the opportunity to design these strategies to meet the needs of their individual children and parenting styles through a collaborative format.
- Building a Home Reward System
- Dates and Times: June 21st and July 19th from 5:30-7:30
- Goals: Facilitated by behavior analysts, this 2- hour evening event will provide parents with information on developing a reward system to use in their home. Parents will learn the benefits of using a reward system, the steps of building a reward system, guidance on using it in their home, and the process for teaching the system to their children. Parents will learn this information through an open discussion based format that will include collaborative activities to assist participants in designing their own unique reward system.
**Programs will be filled based on first come first serve. If you would like to sign up for any of our summer programs, please emailErica@protherapyplus.com. Erica will be happy to answer any questions and/or provide more information. You may also call: 813-966-7064.
**More summer programs to come!
** About a week and a half before your camp/group begins, the facilitator will reach out with all the details you need for your child to come prepared!